I4:FeatureTest-Selector Browser Independence
From OSIS Open Source Identity Systems
|list help copy as XML edit|
|Feature Test||Selector Browser Independence|
|Test Type||Selector Invocation|
|Description||Tests that selector can be used from the browser of the user's choice|
|Role tested||Information Card Identity Selector|
|Known Successful Reference Solution(s)|
I4:CardSpace .NET Framework 3.5
|Success Criteria||Selector can be used from multiple Web browsers|
|Failure Criteria||Selector does not support use from multiple browsers|
|Browser Independence||Information Card Identity Selector||usability|
- Open the result page for your solution and for this test.
- Use the same card at a relying party from two different browsers using the same selector.
- If successful, record the names of the two browser add-ons used in the testedsolution1 and testedsolution2 fields of the test result. For instance, you might enter "Higgins Browser Extension for Firefox" and "Higgins Browser Extension for IE" if those were the browser add-ons used.
- Set outcome:
- If the success criteria was met, set the outcome to "Works".
- If the selector is browser-specific by design, set the result field to "N/A".
- If the test failed, set the outcome to "Failed" and enter information about the failure in the Notes section.
- If other issues occurred set the result to "Issues" and describe them in the Notes section.
- Add either four tilde ~~~~ signs or a text name into the "Tested by" parameter.
- Update the Date Tested, Browser, and Operating System lines of the results page.