I4:FeatureTest-Selector PIN-Protection of Managed Card
From OSIS Open Source Identity Systems
|list help copy as XML edit|
|Feature Test||Selector PIN-Protection of Managed Card|
|Test Type||Card Management|
|Description||Tests that the selector enables the user to PIN-protect and unprotect a managed card|
|Role tested||Information Card Identity Selector|
|Known Successful Reference Solution(s)|
I4:CardSpace .NET Framework 3.5
|Success Criteria||Selector supports PIN-protection|
|Failure Criteria||Selector shows error or cannot either protect or unprotect cards|
|Ability to PIN protect a Managed Card||Information Card Identity Selector||usability|
- Open the result page for the solution for this test.
- Open the Selector.
- Set a PIN for a managed card.
- Verify that the PIN is required before card can be used.
- (Note this may require exiting and restarting the Selector)
- If the selector supports writing .crds files, export the card, import it into a different selector, and verify that the same PIN works there too.
- Or if the selector only supports reading .crds files, import a card that was PIN-protected by another selector and verify instead that the PIN set in the other selector works in the selector being tested.
- Remove the PIN from the original card.
- Verify that no PIN is required to use the card after the PIN has been removed.
- Set outcome:
- If the success criteria was met, set the outcome to "Works".
- If the test failed, set the outcome to "Failed" and enter information about the failure in the Notes section.
- If other issues occurred set the result to "Issues" and describe them in the Notes section.
- Add either four tilde ~~~~ signs or a text name into the "Tested by" parameter.
- Update the Date Tested, Browser, and Operating System lines of the results page.