I5:FeatureTest-OpenID Relying Party Accepts Namespaced openID 1.1 delegations in XRDS documents
From OSIS Open Source Identity Systems
|list help copy as XML edit|
|Feature Test||OpenID Relying Party Accepts Namespaced openID 1.1 delegations in XRDS documents|
|Test Type||OpenID Authentication|
|Description||Tests OpenID RP's parsing of XRDS documents|
|Role tested||OpenID Identity Relying Party|
|Known Successful Reference Solution(s)|
|Success Criteria||The RP uses the delegated openID|
|Failure Criteria||The RP uses input openID or Error|
|OpenID Relying Party Accepts Namespaced openID 1.1 delegations in XRDS documents||OpenID Relying Party||interop|
- Open the result page for your solution and this test.
- Add the entry <openid:Delegate xmlns:openid="http://openid.net/xmlns/1.0"> http://example.myvidoop.com</openid:Delegate>
- to your XRDS file replacing example delegated name with one you control.
- Change the URI to the appropriate one for the delegated OP. This needs to be in the openID 1.0/1.1 sep.
- You need to remove the openID 2.0 sep so it will not be selected.
- Open the OpenID login page for your relying party.
- Enter your openID such as =my.name or @freeid.myid into the OpenID login field of the page.
- After you submit the i-name in the login box, you should be redirected to the OpenID provider for your delegated openID.
- Sign into the OpenID Provider using the password for the delegated name.
- This should redirect you back to your relying party site.
- At this point you should be either logged in or told that your OpenID is not registered,
- You should get a message like "verified =Mike.Jones as your identity"
- Failure would be being redirected to the OP with the input identity rather than the delegated one or the RP throwing an error on parsing the XRDS.
- Set outcome in the results page:
- If the success criteria was met, set the outcome to "Works".
- If the test failed, set the outcome to "Failed" and enter information about the failure in the Notes section.
- If other issues occurred set the result to "Issues" and describe them in the Notes section.
- Add either four tilde ~~~~ signs or a text name into the "Tested by" parameter.
- Update the Date Tested, Browser, and Operating System lines of the results page.