I5:FeatureTest-RP Behavior when Browser Add-On Installed but Identity Selector Not Installed
From OSIS Open Source Identity Systems
|list help copy as XML edit|
|Feature Test||RP Behavior when Browser Add-On Installed but Identity Selector Not Installed|
|Test Type||Selector Invocation|
|Description||Tests that Relying Party provides useful feedback to user if they attempt to use an Information Card with a Browser Add-On installed but no Identity Selector installed.|
|Role tested||Information Card Browser Add-On|
|Known Successful Reference Solution(s)|
|Success Criteria||User is given an actionable message, preferably informing them how to install an Identity Selector|
|Failure Criteria||No actionable message and/or site appears to be broken or impaired|
|Behavior when Browser Add-On Installed but Identity Selector Not Installed||Information Card Relying Party Features||condition|
- Open the result page for your solution and for this test.
- Visit the Relying Party using an operating system and browser installation with a Browser Add-On installed but no Identity Selector installed. An examples includes Windows XP with Internet Explorer 7 but without the .NET Framework 3.0 or above installed.
- Attempt to use an Information Card.
- Verify that an actionable error is shown to the user, preferably informing them how to install an Identity Selector.
- Set outcome:
- If the success criteria was met, set the outcome to "Works".
- If the test failed, set the outcome to "Failed" and enter information about the failure in the Notes section.
- If other issues occurred set the result to "Issues" and describe them in the Notes section.
- Add either four tilde ~~~~ signs or a text name into the "Tested by" parameter.
- Update the Date Tested, Browser, and Operating System lines of the results page.