I5:FeatureTest-RP Behavior when No Identity Selector or Browser Add-On Installed
From OSIS Open Source Identity Systems
|list help copy as XML edit|
|Feature Test||RP Behavior when No Identity Selector or Browser Add-On Installed|
|Test Type||Selector Invocation|
|Description||Tests that Relying Party provides useful feedback to user if they attempt to use an Information Card without a Selector or Browser Add-On being installed.|
|Role tested||Information Card Browser Add-On|
|Known Successful Reference Solution(s)|
|Success Criteria||User is given an actionable message, preferably informing them how to install an Identity Selector|
|Failure Criteria||No actionable message and/or site appears to be broken or impaired|
|Behavior when No Identity Selector or Browser Add-On Installed||Information Card Relying Party Features||condition|
- Open the result page for your solution and for this test.
- Visit the Relying Party using an operating system installation with no Identity Selector or Browser Add-On installed. Examples include Windows XP with Internet Explorer 6, current versions of MacOS, and current versions of Linux.
- Attempt to use an Information Card.
- Verify that an actionable error is shown to the user, preferably informing them how to install an Identity Selector.
- Set outcome:
- If the success criteria was met, set the outcome to "Works".
- If the test failed, set the outcome to "Failed" and enter information about the failure in the Notes section.
- If other issues occurred set the result to "Issues" and describe them in the Notes section.
- Add either four tilde ~~~~ signs or a text name into the "Tested by" parameter.
- Update the Date Tested, Browser, and Operating System lines of the results page.